Dudhwa elephant dies of sudden illness

Spread the love

[ad_1]

Elephant Mithun was found shivering on Wednesday evening. Veterinary doctors found the elephant suffering from high fever and administered it medicine. However, Mithun’s condition failed to improve, said field director, Dudhwa Tiger Reserve, Sanjay Kumar Pathak

An around 50-year-old camp elephant of Dudhwa National Park (DNP), Mithun aka Mitthu, died following a sudden illness at the base camp of the park here on Thursday, said field director, Dudhwa Tiger Reserve (DTR), Sanjay Kumar Pathak.

“Mithun was found shivering on Wednesday evening. Veterinary doctors found the elephant suffering from high fever and administered it medicine. However, Mithun’s condition failed to improve and it was found dead on Thursday,” Pathak added.

During the recent health camps organised for Dudhwa camp elephants from April 19 to April 21, Mithun as well as other 23 camp elephants were examined by the experts from Assam.

No major illness or health issues were detected among any of them during the health camp. Owing to this, Dudhwa authorities suspect some sudden illness led to the death of the veteran elephant.

“An autopsy to ascertain the exact cause of Mithun’s death would be carried out today (Thursday) as per the National Tiger Conservation Authority (NTCA) guidelines,” Pathak said.

Mithun was brought to Dudhwa from Chandauli on June 14, 2021. In Chandauli, he had been kept in captivity at a forest range office for almost 18 months after it had trampled a man. Later, following the intervention of two senior officials, he was rescued and sent to Dudhwa for reformation.


Close Story

Less time to read?

Try Quickreads



  • In this picture taken on March 13, 2022, Bollywood producer Ekta Kapoor arrives to attend the 'Hello Hall of Fame Awards 2022' ceremony in Mumbai. (Photo by Sujit JAISWAL / AFP) (AFP)

    FIR against Ekta Kapoor, and others over ‘plagiarism’ allegation

    Mumbai: The Hyderabad police have registered a First Information Report (FIR) against film/television producer Ekta Kapoor’s Alt Balaji production house and two others for cheating and criminal breach of trust in connection with their OTT show “Lock Upp.” The city civil court then ordered the makers of the show to stop airing from April 29. “The show is still going on, which is contempt of court orders,” said the complainant managing director of Prime Media, Sanober Baig.


  • FTII students protest during minister Anurag Thakur’s visit on Thursday. (HT PHOTO)

    FTII students protest as I&B minister Anurag Thakur visits campus

    PUNE Students of the Film and Television Institute of India held a silent protest on Thursday when the minister of information and broadcasting Anurag Thakur visited the campus. The students met Thakur and put forward their issues such as the lack of infrastructure, academic clashes, inadequate representation in the academic council, the merger of FTII with National Film Development Corporation of India and fee hike.


  • A view of Allahabad University (HT file)

    CRET 2021: ‘Ineligibility’ for applying upsets Allahabad University PG final students

    Fourth semester (final year) students of postgraduate courses at the Allahabad University and its constituent colleges are a worried lot. Admission will be given against 614 seats on offer in 41 subjects. Of them, 227 seats are at AU and 387 seats are in colleges. Maximum 62 seats are in department of chemistry. At the same time, there are no seats in Urdu, Persian, agriculture botany and rural technology this time.


  • Union minister of information and broadcasting Anurag Thakur(right) with FTII chairman Shekhar Kapur at FTII . (HT PHOTO)

    Centre earmarks 363 crore for film restoration project under National Film Heritage Mission

    PUNE Union minister of information and broadcasting Anurag Thakur during Thakur’s visit to Pune on Thursday announced that the film restoration project under the National Film Heritage Mission with a budget of 363 crore has been cleared by the ministry. The National Film Heritage Mission launched in 2016 is aimed at preserving, restoring and digitising our cinematic heritage.


  • NCP chief Sharad Pawar PTI File Photo

    In deposition before commission, Pawar blames police failure for Bhima Koregaon violence

    Nationalist Congress Party chief Sharad Pawar has told a two-member commission that had the police taken timely action, the Bhima Koregaon violence that occurred on January 1, 2018, could have been avoided. Former chief minister, Pawar, also said the Elgar Parishad and the Bhima Koregaon violence were two different events, and if anybody was expressing their opinion against oppression and injustice, that did not mean they were anti-nationals.

[ad_2]

Source link

Journalist Details

Featured Times
Tags: